The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on June 26, 2013 at 5:41PM.
Mike Andres was absent.
The minutes of the June 10, 2013 meeting were approved.
Matthew J. Anklan, trumpet
Raquel Heredia Rodriguez, trumpet
Jeffrey Evan O’Flynn, clarinet
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. Quarterly general membership meeting agenda
- The President reviewed the agenda for the quarterly meeting scheduled after the Board meeting.
- The agenda includes the process for electing an alternate convention delegate after discussion with Lew Mancini and Barbara Owens, Constitution revision, and resolutions that will be brought up at the convention.
II. Il Divo work dues
- Work dues for the small group that performed for Il Divo in Cincinnati and Louisville will be sent to Louisville. The dues had actually been figured into the contract.
III. COPE Dinner
- Vice President Barb Lambert gave a brief report on the event.
IV. Post Office
- Rhonda Gillum gave a brief accounting of problems with the post office. The difficulties include two anticipated checks have not arrived, which indicates potential forwarding issues, and another building occupant has had our mail delivered into their box by mistake. A conversation with the mailroom on the first floor will be the first step in correcting part of the problems.
- President Frankenfeld reviewed two of the resolutions that will be presented at the convention. There was brief discussion.
VI. National News
- There is no movement in Minnesota and the season has been cancelled.
- The National Symphony Orchestra has rescheduled its debts after Bank of America called in the debts. They are also in contract negotiations.
- It has been decided that the second trombone position will be the first of three auditions. Most likely the audition will be held in November.
VIII. Johnny Black Memorial
- President Frankenfeld reported that after a conversation with a group in Hamilton that Local 1 will be able to donate $500 towards a memorial plaque for Johnny Black. The name of the organization will appear on the plaque.
- Joe Gaudio reported on a Kickstarter Campaign project that member Brent Gallaher has initiated.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24197 – 24224
The next meeting was not scheduled.
Meeting adjourned at 6:34PM.