The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on November 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the November 12, 2013 were approved as amended with the addition of two items to the President’s report. One concerning the CCO pensions payments and the other the pianist payroll issue at Music Hall.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. Constitution Ballots
- President Frankenfeld announced that the ballots were being mailed and the letter would include the date and time of the general membership quarterly meeting.
- There was some discussion about the due date of the ballots. Vice President Barb Lambert made a motion to have the ballots returned no later than December 31, 2013. Joe Gaudio provided the second. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Dick Porotsky has been asked to serve as judge for tallying the votes.
- President Frankenfeld will be in Chicago for 3 days with the newly organized managers group. The dates are currently scheduled for December 15-17. Hearing no objections the Board approved the expenses that will be incurred for the meeting.
III. CSO Issues
- On November 13 the CSO had an orchestra meeting. It was an opportunity for the players to voice opinions and concerns.
- Everyone has been asked to investigate possible solutions to aid in scanning and archiving current files as well as scanning items going forward.
I. Office System
- Age is a critical factor in the equipment being used by Rhonda. Dwight Blubaugh is willing to write an updated program that would allow Rhonda to use the equipment more efficiently. There is a definite need for combined connectivity with her equipment.
- Copier. The Copier has expired and needs to be replaced.
II. Mannheim Steamroller and Trans Siberian Orchestra
- Both groups will be performing in Cincinnati and in the past have used members of the Local. President Frankenfeld will be in touch with Paul Pillar to make sure that everything will be run through Promo.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24400-24419
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, December 9, 2013 at 5:30PM. It will be followed with the quarterly general membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 3:37PM.