Board Meeting February 27, 2017
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 27,2017 at 3:56PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the February 13,2017 meeting were approved. M/S Gaudio/Lambert
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- Rob Evan, contact for Rocktopia, has agreed to hire a reduced orchestra of 14 members of the Local. Laura Proffit will be the contractor.
- US Bank Arena has agreed to hire musicians of Local 1 for an August 3 event.
II. CSO update
- President Frankenfeld updated the Board on the tour to Asia. The orchestra leaves on March 14. There will be a number of subs filling in for musicians who are unable to travel due to health or other reasons.
- Next Monday are the clarinet auditions and trumpet auditions are in progress.
- There was no musician offered the violin position although there were 3 finalists.
- The search for Personnel Manager continues. There is one more candidate coming in this Friday.
I. General Meeting
- It was agreed that the General Meeting be postponed. It has come to the attention of the officers that Ray Hair and members of the IEB will be at meetings at Local 47 and also in Chicago. The Chicago meeting is next Wednesday, March 8. There had been questions whether or not the meeting could be recorded and shared but it would be helpful if someone could attend. Officers are checking their calendars to see if anyone can attend. Marty Hodap, Indianapolis, would appreciate some additional presence from the region.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: M/S Lausche/Andres
See attached B 25837 – 25848
Next meeting scheduled for March 13, 2017 at 3:45PM
Meeting adjourned at 4:54PM.