The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on December 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the November 25, 2013 were approved as submitted.
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
William Knabe 12/4/13
Catherine Lange-Jensen 12/8/13
I. National Information
- The $10 dues increase goes into effect on January 1, 2014.
- Local 1 will be requesting approval from the IEB to split the cost with the membership. Lynne Scott will delay sending out membership dues invoices until the IEB votes on our request.
- President Paul Frankenfeld informed the Board that the ICSOM gathering will be for 5 days instead 3.
- President Paul Frankenfeld met with Jennifer Funk the new Chair of the CCO Board. It was clear to Paul that some education is needed for the current CCO Board.
IV. Office Equipment Update
- At the previous meeting Vice President Barbara Lambert presented information about updating office equipment that could help store and preserve archival paperwork and decrease clutter in the office space. She proposed the Board investigate the possibility of Cloud storage and investing in a new scanner.
- Secretary Carol Dunevant provided additional information about Cloud storage. After minor discussion it was decided that a scanner and a 3 TB external hard drive might be optimal for the needs of the organization.
- President Frankenfeld will be discussing using storage space in the building for the stands and chairs. He will be in contact with Laurie Miller, building manager as soon as possible. Storage would allow the common space to be more functional.
- Lumenocity was such a success that there are plans to repeat the experience with 3 performances. There has been no decision if it will be a media event. No players are excused from media events.
- There will be a Pops tour in Florida in December 2014.
I. Request for names
- A composer who has asked for a list of players has contacted President Frankenfeld. The composer is looking to get their works performed and recorded.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24420-24430
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, December 30 at 12:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30PM.