The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 30, 2013 at 5:58 PM.
Mike Andres was absent.
The minutes of the September 9, 2012 were approved.
Laura Jekel, cello, 9/30/13
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Billie Walker (Billie Van Winkle) 9/23/13
Katie Thigpen 10/1/13
- There will be a side letter signed regarding changes in the dress code. It covers the new shirts, ties, and pit black with long sleeves.
- National Public Radio Agreement pension payments are still in escrow.
- President Paul Frankenfeld reported that the imprint credit discussion for the Lumenocity concert has continued but has calmed down.
- President Frankenfeld reported that the One City-One Symphony would be continued this year with Symphony No. 4 by Tchaikovsky. As with the Beethoven people will be able to download. Fees will be the same as well remaining at $40 plus 10.9% pension on top. It will be for 85 regular players and a few additional players.
- President Frankenfeld reiterated Trey Devey’s stance that 86 players is unacceptable and they want to increase that number.
- President Frankenfeld reported that the CSO is about 2 years out from negotiations and will have Barbara Giacoma come out from NY for preliminary discussions.
II. National Updates
- At midnight tonight the conductor of the Minnesota Orchestra will step down if no agreement is reached between management and players. Minnesota has already lost 10 players and it has been locked out for 12 months.
- The newsletter is at the printers. President Frankenfeld had to make a couple of edits. It will contain an article in memory of Gene Frey.
- President Frankenfeld has not heard from Mr. Frey’s children about a memorial service in Cincinnati. He and a small number of musicians have volunteered to attend the graveside service in Oregon and provide music if the family members is in favor of this gesture.
- President Frankenfeld reported that this will be the final season for their music director, Mischa Santora. They will use a series of guest conductors next season while they search.
- President Frankenfeld has prepared a draft statement that will be sent to union members regarding the KSO.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24318-24342
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 4:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 6:44PM.