The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on November 24, 2014 at 12:35PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the November 10, 2014 were approved with the following corrections: V. correction to the spelling of Barbara Jaccoma (incorrectly spelled Giacoma), and The one hour dinner break waived during the Pops tour pertains to a select group of players who are flying down separately from the rest of the musicians. The buffet mentioned will occur at the Ocean Beach performance.
Megan Sullivan – violin – November 4, 2014
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
NEW MEMBERS: None
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld updated the Board regarding engaging All Clear for any issues resulting from the theft of the laptop. Everything has been completed and the information they have requested will be converted to a .csv file and uploaded via a private and secure portal.
- Cards for the quarterly meeting have been mailed.
- Touring shows of ‘The Three Tenors’ and ‘Mannheim Steamroller’ will be going through the Local.
- The office received an email from the landlord regarding ‘Matrix’ training. This training would cost $30 for any interested individuals and is training about what to do if an armed assailant were to enter the building.
- A representative from the Mellon Foundation met with Paul Frankenfeld, Stacey Woolley, and Ted Nelson. The Foundation is concerned with racial diversity in orchestras. The Foundation may be interested in an internship program similar to the one in Philadelphia. President Frankenfeld will keep the Board posted to any developments.
- Trey Devey has raised $13.5 million toward the Endowment goal.
- The Stanton’s funded the Andre Previn piece at the last concert.
- Yang Liu has secured the position of Associate Principal Second Violin and Stephanie Collins accepted a position in the second violin section.
- Nathan Lutz, CSO bass section, has been hired as Assistant Personnel Manager.
- The semi-finals for the Principal Clarinet section will commence during this meeting.
- Survey Monkey will be used as the mechanism to ratify the CBA. The agreement expires December 2015.
I. Web presence
- Vice President Barb Lambert is seeking input on potentially linking businesses and services that could be useful to members. An example would be someone who specializes in photographing headshots for press kits. There was some discussion about whether this would mean endorsement for these businesses or individuals. A disclaimer could be included. Barb Lambert and Carol Dunevant will put together a possible list of services/businesses that might be linked and bring a more formal presentation after the first of the New Year. It is important to increase a web presence.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24856 – 24867
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, December 1 at 5:30PM followed by the Quarterly Membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 2:47PM.