The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on October 31, 2014 at 12:34PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the October 13,2014 meeting were approved.
NEW MEMBERS: None
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
NEW MEMBERS: None
- The MacBook Air was stolen from Lynne Scott’s vehicle. The Board was notified immediately and there has been considerable email communication prior to todays meeting. The case was recovered near the break-in location. The AFM was notified immediately because membership records were on the computer. The laptop is registered and has a location device. As soon as the computer is connected to the Internet the location will be sent directly to the office. President Frankenfeld has investigated various identity theft/security options and he presented two potential plans to the Board. Following 90-minutes of discussion and questions the Board of Trustees charged President Frankenfeld with engaging one of the companies to provide security for the membership in the event that information is compromised. It appears that the theft was probably an individual looking to resell for quick money but the welfare of the members is the utmost concern of the Board. The decision was to be as pro-active as possible and provide protection as quickly as possible. Membership will be notified as soon as an agreement has been signed.
II. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld gave the Board an update on the recent CSO auditions. Yang Liu was named the new Associate Principal Second Violin. Stephanie Collins was runner up and was offered the section position. Rachel Frankenfeld was named alternate. Percussion auditions will be in 2 weeks and auditions for the Principal Clarinet position will be on November 28.
- Monies raised for the endowment is now around $11.5 million.
- President Frankenfeld and Becky Andres went through the entire agreement with CCO legal advisor Mike Cioffi. The new festival format will run the four weeks of August and the first week of September and performances of Amahl and the Night Visitors. Mr. Cioffi argued that the agreement cost too much and have been balking at an increase in the transportation from $7 to $10. However, the CCO Board has not shared their budget with the Local as requested. Mr. Cioffi also asked President Frankenfeld for some assistance. Paul will gather information from other Locals in the region to show a comparison to the Board. If the festival format does not work they will have to reconfigure their format again.
- The CCO will be announcing their interim conductor soon. It is between Kelly Kuo and Michael Chertock.
- The CCO is moving their offices to Northside as part of their effort to reduce overhead.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24816-24837
Next meeting scheduled for November 10 at 3:30PM. There will also be a meeting on November 24 at 12:30PM. The Quarterly General Meeting was scheduled for December 1 at 7PM with a Board meeting to precede it at 5:30PM/
Meeting adjourned at 2:20PM.