Member Benefit Summary
A description of the benefits you can be eligible to receive when you become a member of the AFM:
- CMA Benefit Club A life insurance fund that you will pay into (a minimal amount) for 10 years until you become vested, then you earn benefits from a life insurance coverage.
- Pension accrues for every union job you play; pension is paid by the employer. When you are 62 you will be able to draw on this benefit.
- Credit Union
You will be eligible to join the Communicating Arts Credit Union for great banking rates, low interest loans.
- Promo Inc.
The CMA’s Payroll Service takes care of your payroll whenever you perform a union contracted job. Promo deducts taxes so you don’t have to pay them at tax time.
- Engagement Guarantee Fund:
When you perform on a union contract your pay is guaranteed even if the employer defaults.
- Rehearsal Space Rental
Union offers rehearsal space and on-site equipment rental at reasonable rates.
- Music Performance Trust Fund
You will be eligible for jobs paid by the MPTF funds.
- Instrument Insurance
You can insure your instruments at the lowest rates available to union members.
- AFL-CIO Union Privilege Program
You will be eligible for many perks thru this program.
- Disabled Musicians Grants
You may apply for some financial help if you are temporarily disabled and are unable to work.