A description of the benefits you receive when you are a member of the AFM:
- CMA Benefit Club
- Pension accrues for every union job you play; pension is paid by the employer. When you are 62 you will be able to draw on this benefit.
- Promo Inc., Payroll Service Whenever you perform a union contracted job Promo will pay you and deduct taxes so you don’t have to pay them at tax time.
- Engagement Guarantee Fund When you perform on a union contract your pay is guaranteed even if the employer defaults.
- Rehearsal Space Rental
- Music Performance Trust Fund
- Instrument Insurance
- AFL-CIO Union Privilege Program
- Disabled Musicians Grants