The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on January 11, 2021 at 11:14 AM.
All members were present.
President Frankenfeld in chair.
The minutes of the December 21, 2020 meeting were tabled.
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld will be talking to all groups with a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Local #1 to make sure pension contributions are correctly aligned and updated. He will also be checking in with freelance ongoing gigs about pension.
II. Pension Update
- All members should have received an update from the Pension Fund. We simply have to wait until the U. S. Treasury reviews the plan.
III. Constitution Revisions
- The cost to prepare and print all necessary aspects of mailing the revisions is around $700. The outcome is based on the number of responses received.
I. COVID vaccine
- Employers can mandate the vaccine for their employees but President Frankenfeld doubts the CSO will require it of musicians.
II. The Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra has requested to use archived recordings for the Arts Climb at the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- President Frankenfeld is in favor of the request but he and Rebecca Andres feel that a written agreement should be created. A written document would provide necessary guardrails to guarantee a specific period and that only public domain music is used. Rebecca Andres is very concerned that there was no communication with the Players Committee about the request.
III. The Cincinnati Pops are planning an in-person performance starting next week and attendance is limited to 300 people.
- After discussion it was tentatively decided to have another General Membership Meeting over Zoom on March 22, 2021.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
The motion to approve the December 21, 2020 vouchers was made by Don Hurd and the second was provided by Jonathan Lee. The motion was approved.
See attached B 27350 – 27365
The motion to approve the January 11, 2021 vouchers was made by Rebecca Andres and the second was provided by Barb Lambert. The motion was approved.
See attached B 27366 – 27395
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, January 25 at 12:00 PM.
Meeting adjourned at 12:05 PM.
Secretary, Local #1