The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 14, 2015 at 3:39PM.
Paul Frankenfeld was absent due to the passing of his mother.
The minutes of the August 10,2015 meeting were approved.
Stefanie Collins, violin on 9/9/15
Zach Quortrup, on 8/25/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Jeffrey Carwile, clarinet on 9/1/15
Joseph Grimmer, bassoon on 8/25/15
I. President’s Report
- In the absence of Paul Frankenfeld, Barb Lambert reported that there seems to be a small number of players in the CSO voicing concerns with the plans presented by Akoustiks for the rejuvenation of Music Hall. The company has been thoroughly vetted and has a strong record of working with historical music venues. The project will be moving ahead with Akoustiks.
- The Mid-State Conference will be meeting in Des Moines, Iowa. It appears that each region will still meet separately. The reorganization was to reduce expenses at the National level since AFM Officers travel to the regional conferences.
- The International Convention will convene in Las Vegas on June 19 and runs through the 23rd. Barb is asking to run as Delegate in addition to the office of Vice President. We will be checking Local and National By-Laws for guidance to make sure this does not represent a conflict of interest. Local 1 is allowed 3 representatives, President, Secretary, and one elected delegate to represent the Local.
- The payroll for the Idina Menzel concert has been settled. Work dues will be paid directly by the contractor.
- Paul has been in discussion with Carmine Deleone about the Ballet Orchestra scale. Rehearsal scale has moved to $70 effective immediately. They are still in discussion regarding a potential recording opportunity. Paul will report on this as soon as he has more information.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25186 – 25221
Next meeting scheduled for at September 28 at 5:30PM. This is to be followed by the General Quarterly Meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:23PM.