The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on June 9, 2015 at 3:14PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the May 26,2015 meeting were approved.
Christian Schillinger Bassoon 6/8/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld is waiting to speak with Gary Slowik regarding an insurance option. Waiting until the Supreme Court announces its decision on the Affordable Care Act seems prudent.
- The MPTF funds earmarked for retirement community concerts come to $200 per concert for two performers. Retirement communities might be able to provide funding to cover payroll taxes.
- May Festival showed a very low turnout this year. A committee is being formed to search for a new Music Director.
- Using CSO players to perform at the All-Star Game has been put on hold.
- CCM and Downtown Cincinnati, Inc. have scheduled musicians to perform around the area for the game.
- Microphones had been placed before a rehearsal for a commission for Dr. Maya Angelou without player approval. Management was told ‘no’ and mics were removed.
- Income supplement checks were accidentally issued for individuals in 1-year temporary positions. The mistake was caught before any checks were cashed.
- The CET video referenced in the last minutes would be for local broadcast only and there is also interest in using the Blue Wisp Band. The general thought is to request $125 per player plus expenses.
I. The audit has begun.
II. The Ballet Orchestra has not been paid yet. Lengthy discussion resulted in the desire for the Board to investigate whether or not a fund can be created so that members can be paid within a reasonable time frame. There have been similar difficulties in the past with the players being paid in a timely fashion. Money from the Live Music Fund is sent to the CSO accounting office, which should increase efficiency and be cost effective. The check is then sent to the Local where Rhonda can process payroll.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25092-25109
Next meeting scheduled for June 22, 2015 at 5:30PM to be followed by the Quarterly General Membership Meeting at 7:00PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:50PM.