The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 26, 2015 at 3:17PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the May 12,2015 were approved with the correction of 2 typographical errors.
Genevieve Guimond – Cello – joined 5/5/15
Scott Batchelder – Trumpet –joined 5/19/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Charles Hanselman, 98, Honorary Member, passed away 5/31/2015.
Joshua Michal. Resigned in good standing effective 3/1/2015.
I. President’s Report
- There is still an effort to make contact with two local retirement communities to use the funds received through the MPTF.
- President Frankenfeld is working on strong guidelines for selecting substitutes within the orchestra as a result of the interest in the Principal Bass promising substitute privileges for students.
- BAMSO rates have been raised.
- President Frankenfeld is looking into options that might provide insurance benefits to uninsured members.
- The Minnesota Orchestra played in Cuba last week. When they returned they announced an early settlement 2.5 years in advance.
- Two forums were held to allow players to say how they wanted their one time cash disbursement allocated. Options were to have a portion of it in cash and a portion to their 401b or all of it invested in the 401b.
- There was retirement recognition for Harold Byers and Sylvia Samis at the final concerts. As a result of Harold’s retirement Rachel Frankenfeld was voted to be his replacement based on prior audition results.
- There is still discussion about having members of the orchestra playing the Star Spangled Banner at the All-Star Game this summer. Within the IMA there may be a special rate for the National Anthem and at present it appears that a brass quintet would perform.
- Acoustician Paul Scarborough was asked about his plans. It appears that he is looking to reduce the size of Springer Auditorium.
I. BAMSO was to record the Star Spangled Banner to be used for the Rozzi fireworks show for the 4th of July. President Frankenfeld indicated he would check with their General Manager, Laura Proffit, to see if it actually happened.
II. The Violin Society of America has a theft registry. Lou Lausche reported a violin taken from a family member and it appeared on the registry.
III. President Frankenfeld sought permission of the Board to attend to [I need the conference name for this Paul – thanks] Conference with Ted Nelson. It is in Philadelphia this year. He would go as a resource for Ted and assist in the transition.
IV.Trish Carmichael has agreed to do the newsletter,
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25082-25091
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, June 8, 2015 at 3PM
Meeting adjourned at 5:02PM.