The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 12, 2015 at 3:20PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the April 27,2015 were approved with the correction of two typographical errors.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reviewed the CSO contract negotiations and updating the Board on the items that had remained unsettled at the last Board meeting. The CSO players have voted and a majority was in favor of the new contract. President Frankenfeld asked if there was a motion to accept the contract. Don Hurd provided a motion that Local 1 of the AFM approve the contract as voted on by the CSO players. Mike Andres gave the second. The motion was passed unanimously.
- President Frankenfeld asked Lynne Scott and Joe Gaudio for a report on the Jazz Hall of Fame. Lynne reported that from the audience standpoint it went very well although the sound system was not clear enough for a speaking voice. Clarity was an issue. Joe reported that from the stage side it felt like there was too much talking. Brian Hogg at NKU did a lot to make sure things went smoothly. Kay Casey did a great job in getting the event organized.
- The AFM is taking on Warner Brothers for breach of contract. They have been outsourcing work to overseas.
- There is a possibility of a CSO Brass Quintet performing at the NLB All-Star Game. The Reds organization cannot use the IMA agreement but should use the television rate since using the players would be in a secondary or tertiary role.
- The New York Times article covering the story of the contract is only available online.
- An acoustician has been selected for the Music Hall revitalization. Paul Scarborough with Acoustiks.
I. The General Membership Quarterly meeting has been tentatively scheduled for June 22.
II. It has come to the attention of a Board member that it appears that a section principal in the CSO has been telling students and potential students that if they enroll to study with him at NKU he promises playing time as a sub with the CSO.
III. It was suggested by a Board member that there should be an article in the next Overtones reminding freelance musicians to let contractors know you are available for work. Players should be informed to call the office if they need names of contractors.
IV. BAMSO is redoing their fee structure. They are hoping to have it in place for the 2015 Memorial Day concert.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25056-25081
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 26 at 3:00PM
Meeting adjourned at 4:32PM.