The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on November 16,2015 at 12:15PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the November 2,2015 meeting were approved.
Joseph William Rebman Harp 11/12/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Norna Prior, age 90 on Saturday, October 31, 2015
Sarah Demy 9/30/15
Ren Arizumi 9/30/15
- Wes Neidham has succeeded Jennifer Funk as CCO Board President. President Frankenfeld will be reviewing the current CBA with Mr. Neidham. Scale had been raised by $5. LeAnne Anklan has been officially hired as CCO General Manager. The new CCO summer format was a great success.
- An incorrect pension fund payment from a CCO recording with the Faux Frenchmen was discovered. The check has not been cashed so a new payment will be submitted. The incorrect amount was higher than needed.
- Viola auditions for two CSO positions were held. After a lengthy process two players were offered positions. Rebe Barnes and Danny Kim.
III. Office Update
- Greg Felix still has to be scheduled to come to the office and work with Rhonda on office updating needs. President Frankenfeld will be trying to contact him before the next Board meeting.
IV. Music Hall renovation
- All funding must be raised by January 1, 2016 or the current plans and budget begin to change.
- Dwight Perry asked if the Local could contribute $500 toward the renovation. Mike Andres moved to table a decision in order for the Board to consider the request. Second was given by Gaudio. Motion approved.
V. Taft Concerts
- All Taft Museum concerts still need to be filled. President Frankenfeld asked Vice President Barb Lambert to assist with scheduling performers.
I. Aronoff Center
- White Christmas is coming to the Aronoff. Ten (10) local players have been hired. It is a two- week run.
II. Musica Sacra
- President Frankenfeld is still trying to finalize funding MPTF monies for Musica Sacra. The hard copy form has been submitted and all that remains is the online submission.
III. Membership Issue
- There are a number of members who are behind in their dues and are facing erasure. Members will be contacted and dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
IV. Organist organizing
- Paul Bresciani, hoping to organize organists in the Diocese (Catholic), has approached President Frankenfeld. It would total 12-15 players.
- Jazz Hall of Fame will probably be scheduled around the end of April or beginning of May.
- Bravo reports that the Musicians Ball has been scheduled for April 1, 2016.
- President Frankenfeld has not heard anything from CET regarding the Blue Wisp be taped for a special. It had been agreed to secure $100 per player for the brief segment.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25287 – 25297
Next meeting scheduled for November 30, 2015 at 3:00PM
The Quarterly General Membership meeting has been tentatively set for December 14 at 7PM following a Board meeting at 5:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 1:23PM.