The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on August 10,2015 at 11:06AM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the July 20,2015 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Harry Meuser – Bassoon
Janice Ahn – Violin 7/27/15
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld began the meeting with an update on scheduling an investment firm to speak to the Board regarding options when several Treasury Notes mature. The gentleman he is trying to schedule is on vacation.
- President Frankenfeld has put in calls to Anthem and Horan to see if they have anything comparable to Gary Slowicks proposal.
- The Board was informed on the office hardware and software update. President Frankenfeld suggested an IT person come in and evaluate. Vice President Barb Lambert will contact Gary Winters for information he can provide. President Frankenfeld will look to area businesses that may be able to help.
- Articles are being finished up so that an issue can be completed.
- Petitions for Officer and Trustee elections will be available on August 24. Elections are in December.
I. Idina Menzel is singing at Riverbend on August 18. Work dues will be held back based on our scale.
II. Lynne Scott has called Yolanda regarding the Labor Day picnic.
III. Phone book advertising. It was discussed that we continue to reduce the amount of advertising in the phone book due to the reduced function of the book and increase in using the web to locate businesses and phone numbers.
IV. Trustee Mike Andres commented that the Playhouse would be doing Sondheim musicals. He was curious to find out who was doing the contracting.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B25156-B 25159 and B 25163 – B 25185
Next meeting scheduled for September 14, 2015 at 3:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 11:34PM.