The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 4, 2013 at 3:05 PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the January 21, 2013 were approved.
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS: NONE
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
DECEASED: Ed Wuebold, January 12, 2013
RESIGNED: The following members have resigned in good standing.
Alison Brown Sincoff
- Our 30-day notice has been given to Tim Haines. Our last day will be February 28, 2013.
- The pop machine and the safe have been taken care of and will not be part of the move.
- 7 filing cabinets (letter size) will be donated to the CSO.
- A shredding truck will be scheduled to come in as the end of the month approaches to take care of outdated material that doesn’t need to move.
II. CMA Benefits Club
- John Layne provided the office with the 990 for the Benefits Club. The following information is presented for Department of Labor compliance:
The President and bookkeeper have discussed the options concerning the Organization obtaining the capabilities of preparing financial statements that would not require significant changes by the auditor. Mr. Frankenfeld has decided that it would not be cost beneficial to change its current practice. Mr. Frankenfeld believes it is in the best interest of the Organization to continue to retain the auditing firm to prepare its financial statements in conjunction with the year-end audit. However, management will review and approve adjusting entries, if any. Additionally, management will review and approve the financial statements, including disclosures, before they are presented to the trustees. Management will review and approve the Form 990 and Form 5500 before they are filed.
III. Shen Yun
- It has been brought to the attention of Paul that studio teachers at CCM have received a communication. Shen Yun is sending invitations to students to audition for their touring show. Individuals need to find out if Shen Yun has a contract with the New York Office. Individuals would want to approach this audition the same way one would approach a cruise ship engagement.
IV. Musician’s Ball
- Tickets and mailers will be printed and ready by the week of February 11, 2013.
- Carol and Lynne have coordinated responding to ticket requests over the phone with Rhonda and hopefully it will go as smoothly as in the past.
- February 28 will be the cut off date for persons wishing to pick up their tickets at the office due to the move.
V. Symphony News
- The previously mentioned tenure issues have been taken care of. Probation periods have been extended until the new Music Director is present in order to make a final decision.
- Carol reported that the website turnover meeting went smoothly.
- The current quarterly hours have already been used due to high volume email questions and needs. Carmen explained the billing process and Carol will keep a running list of any particular items needing Cybervise assistance and will coordinate with Carmen at the beginning of each quarter.
- Paul is still waiting for a response from Mike Cioffi. The issue is still on hold.
NEW BUSINESS: NONE
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: See attached B 24033 – 24050
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, February 18 at noon.
Meeting adjourned at 3:56PM.