The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on August 4, 2014 at 12:09PM.
All members were present. John Layne was present as a guest.
The minutes of the July 14, 2014 meeting were approved as amended: In the President’s Report – Manami White will be succeeding Lenore Hatfield as contractor for Musica Sacra and that Paul would be talking with Manami White, in general, about church scale.
The minutes from the July 28 meeting were approved as written.
Joseph Merchant Bassoon 7/31/14
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Rob Reichhardt Bassoon 6/30/14
Sheri Lee Violin 6/30/14
Alexander Kienle Horn/Piano 6/30/14
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld welcomed John Layne. John presented a corrected final financial statement to the Board. He explained the minor correction that was found in the ‘Receivables’ in May. The corrected 990s will be sent immediately to the IRS. John will be attending the Quarterly General Membership meeting in September to address any questions from the membership.
- At the Labor Council meeting Pete McClendon replaced Douglas Sizemore. Joe Zimmer announced that he would be stepping down so that position needs to be filled. It was also discovered that Local #1 had been paying an incorrect per capita. We were informed that we had only been paying for 200 members, not the full 619 members. The Board was asked to consider correcting the error. Vice President Barb Lambert asked how much the correction would cost per quarter. Paul will find out and report back before the Board takes action.
I. Price List
- The Board began its examination of the price list. It is President Frankenfeld’s desire to make the price list electronic.
- The Local has made significant strides with the price list over the past several years so the Board did not feel any major changes were necessary. However, changes were made to the following:
- Broadway Performances in a +700 seat venue. Currently scale is set at $156 plus $10 for transportation. The proposed change would be an increase of $4 for the total of $160 plus transportation then an increase of $5 every year for three years. This would put scale at $170 plus transportation by 2016.
- Since the length of rehearsals can vary it was proposed to eliminate the 2 hour rehearsal option and start with the 2.5 hour rehearsal and increase to $130. The 3-hour rehearsal would be $160 and over time would continue at $30 per 30-minute or fraction, thereof, up to 5 hours. Then overtime would bump to $40 per half hour for any rehearsal going over 5 hours on the day of a performance.
- Broadway Performances in a <700 seat venue. Performances tend to be a minimum of 3 hours. Currently the rate is $100 for 2-hours and $125 for 3-hours with $25 per 30 minutes, or fraction thereof. The suggested revision was to increase the 2-hour performance rate to $120 and 3-hour performances to $145 with overtime continuing at $25 per half hour, or fraction thereof.
- Rehearsals for venues under 700 will increase to $75 for 2 hours and $90 for 2.5 hours. Overtime will continue at $25 per half hour, or fraction thereof.
- The motion to accept all changes and revisions was given by Carol Dunevant and the second provided by Lynne Scott. The motion passed.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24712-24729
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, September 3 at 3:30PM. It was decided that the following dates also be scheduled for meetings: Monday, September 15 at 3:30 and Monday, September 22 at 5:30 followed by the quarterly General Membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 2:12PM.