The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 3, 2014 at 3:43PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the August 4, 2014 meeting were tabled until the next meeting.
Matthew Ernst Trumpet 7/30/14
Alan Ludwig Cello
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Matt Ransom Bassoon 8/5/14
As of 8/7/14 the following names were erased from the rolls of the Federation.
Joyce R. Billups No specific instrument listed
Jennifer Broome No specific instrument listed
Jeffrey Scott Carwile Clarinet
Benjamin Clymer No specific instrument listed
Leanne Day No specific instrument listed
Andrew Duncan No specific instrument listed
James E. Evans No specific instrument listed
Eric Kim Cello
Sarah J. Kim Cello
Cecilia C. Kozlowski No specific instrument listed
Kym Layne No specific instrument listed
Andrew Peoples No specific instrument listed
John Scaggs No specific instrument listed
Donald A. Stephenson No specific instrument listed
Scott Alan Williams No specific instrument listed
Scot Woolley Piano
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld announced that both Carol Dunevant and Barb Lambert would represent the Local at the MAC conference in Cleveland. The Board gave approval for a rental car. This move would actually represent a cost savings over the government mileage reimbursement.
- President Frankenfeld reported on the latest ICSOM media committee conference call. It appears that bargaining has come to an impasse. AFM President Ray Hair is considering options. Good news is that a new video game agreement has been completed.
- President Frankenfeld reported on the ICSOM conference that was held last week. He was impressed by the age diversity and is encouraged at the number of younger members. During the conference there was a mock negotiation. The healthcare negotiation section was especially appreciated as it may impact the CSO negotiations in a few years.
- Labor Day Picnic at Coney Island. Paul Wagner’s band played at the picnic. There were a record number of attendees. President Frankenfeld stopped in at the picnic on his way to the BAMSO concert in Blue Ash.
- Stacey Woolley performed the Korngold Violin Concerto with BAMSO on their Labor Day concert. Current scale for the group is $55 for rehearsal and $75 for a performance. President Frankenfeld reminded the Board that it was time to look at their fee structure.
- Every six months we are responsible for erasing those members in serious arrears. The Local has usually been more lenient giving people as much as 2 years to correct the outstanding balance owed in dues. We are not allowed to charge more than 6 months plus the current year.
- Agreements have been reached for both the Maya Angelou Memorial performance and Lumenocity.
- The quartet that performed for the Memorial Service was compensated at the local cable rate.
- Lumenocity was mostly covered under the national media agreement. All three performances were taped and had to have the PBS stamp. A local broadcast commercial rate also applied. Players were compensated accordingly.
- The position of Assistant Concert Master has had another change for Rebecca Culnan’s leave of absence. Eric Bates has asked to move back to his permanent position (4th chair). Options that were presented were to bring in a small group for audition or move Kathryn Woolley into the position. It was agreed to put Kathryn Woolley into the chair and have guest concertmasters for Tim Lee’s scheduled absences.
- There are a number of openings in the offices at the CSO. Anne Cushing-Reid has resigned to take a similar position with CCM; Margo Bennish in HR has resigned and is relocating to the Chicago area; there is an opening for a Development Director, and Scott Mozlin has resigned as assistant personnel director
I. President Frankenfeld reminded everyone that John Layne will be at the quarterly meeting and there is usually the 50-year recognition.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24730-24760
Next meeting scheduled for September 15, 2014 at 3:30PM and Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:30PM followed by the quarterly meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:34PM.