The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 8, 2021 at 12:15 PM.
All members were present.
President Frankenfeld in chair.
The minutes of the January 25, 2021 meeting were approved with two minor correction. Butch-Lewis was corrected to Butch Lewis and under New Business III. Misc. The answer to how much of our annual dues goes to AFM National Office was corrected to read per capita is $12 for honorary members and $14.50 for regular members. This comes out of the General Fund and is paid quarterly. M/S Hurd/Lausche
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld has spoken with Orchestra Librarians about what is current practice for hiring. He learned that it is typical to have a candidate work for 1-2 weeks. COVID-19 has created numerous challenges. President Frankenfeld has recommended to CSO Management that the search be held in abeyance for one season. He will continue to advocate for all librarians to be included in the musician CBA.
II. Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- The Riverbend season is unknown as of now.
- Audiences are slowly returning to Music Hall with 300-350 people being allowed into Springer Auditorium.
III. Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
- President Frankenfeld met with Wes Woolard and two other members of the CCO to discuss the revisions to the proposal for negotiations.
- A sticking point is expected with a minimum service guarantee.
- There will be one more round of communication before the proposal goes to the CCO Board.
I. Taft Museum Concert Series
- There has been a staff change at the Taft Museum and the contact is now Crishana Manigan. They are planning on three performances (outdoors) in May, June, and July.
- President Frankenfeld has been trying to clarify the relationship between the Local, the CCO, and the Taft. He needs to make sure there is clarity and that there is room for the breadth of musicians available in the Local are considered for the series.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: The motion to approve was made by Barb Lambert and the second was provided by Don Hurd. The motion was approved.
See attached B 27407 – 27430
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, February 22 at 12:00 PM.
Meeting adjourned at 1:15 PM.
Secretary, Local #1