Board Meeting February 22, 2021
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 22, 2021 at 12:06 PM.
All members were present.
President Frankenfeld in chair.
The minutes of the February 8, 2021 meeting were approved. M/S Scott/Hurd
I. President’s Report
- Constitution revisions will be prepared and sent to all members for voting.
- There is still an ongoing conversation with the Taft Museum about the concert series
- The Butch Lewis Act is contained in the COVID-19 relief package. Paul is looking for freelance and symphony players to participate in a Zoom call targeting Democratic lawmakers. Rebecca Andres volunteered to participate.
- Four members received tenure. Molly Norcross, Haley Bangs, Evin Blomberg, and Stefani Matsuo
- President Frankenfeld is waiting to hear back from Kathy Anderson to find a suitable date for Wayne’s Zoom retirement gathering. Matt Zory has provided a matted photo for orchestra members to sign.
III. Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra
- Revisions have been resubmitted for the CBA talks
- A sticking point appears to be how to clarify language to make sure the music director cannot dismiss or demote any musician during this season
- Tommy Guidugli has spoken with President Frankenfeld discussing the impact of COVID on IATSE. An update on their finances is expected.
- Ohio Governor, Mike Dewine, seemed to indicate football stadiums may be able to fill this coming season.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: The motion to approve was made by Lynne Scott and the second was provided by Barb Lambert. The motion was approved.
See attached B 27431 – B 27432
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, March 8 at 12:00 PM.
Meeting adjourned at 12:49 PM.
Secretary, Local #1