The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 15, 2021 at 12:18 PM.
All members were present.
President Frankenfeld in chair.
The minutes of the February 22, 2021 meeting were approved with a minor grammatical correction. M/S Hurd/Lambert
I. President’s Report
- Today’s meeting is a reschedule from the original scheduled date of March 8, 2021.
- Cards for the membership meeting have been sent.
- Secretary Dunevant sent President Frankenfeld the excerpted constitution revisions and is resending from a secondary email address as well.
- An E-blast was sent with a zoom link for membership meeting scheduled for March 22, 2021 at 7:00 PM.
- The Butch Lewis Act was passed as part of the COVID-19 relief package in Congress. Now we must wait to see what transpires.
- Conversation and education of the Taft Museum Concert Series continues.
II. Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra (CCO)
- There is a COVID side letter completed. The language allowing the Music Director to make changes to personnel was eliminated. Other items include no reduction to scale for rostered musicians and musicians requesting a Leave of Absence may do so without concern.
- Negotiations for the next contract will begin in April.
III. Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- There is an increase in the number of audience members allowed into Music Hall. The number has been raised from 300 to 450.
- Summer activity is still being discussed. Vacation may be moved from August to June. The contract only stipulates these weeks are between Memorial Day and Labor Day. In addition to the pandemic this is also the year for the 17-year cicada which should peak around Memorial Day but might interfere with any outdoor activity in early June that might be considered.
- Final auditions for the CSO|CCM Diversity Fellowship will take place on Saturday, March 20.
I. General Update
- Wayne Anderson and his wife prefer to not have a Zoom retirement event. His health has declined.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID: The motion to approve was made by Don Hurd and the second was provided by Barb Lambert. The motion was approved. The charge to Staples was for pens and forms.
See attached B 27433 – 27548
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, March 22 at 5:30 PM and will be followed by the General Membership meetings at 7:00 PM. Both meetings will use the same Zoom link.
Meeting adjourned at 1:28 PM
Secretary, Local #1