Board Meeting January 23, 2017
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on January 23,2017 at 3:59PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the January 9,2017 meeting were approved. M/S Gaudio/Scott
Ryan Keefe Donohue Cello 1/20/17
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Rachel Hockenberry Horn/Piano 1/21/17
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld opened the floor to discussion about having multiple (2) meetings with the general membership regarding the pension fund letter sent by the national office.
- The fund is around $2 billion but it still falls in the critical and declining category. The definition of critical and declining would change but seeing that no one can predict what will happen there are more questions than answers.
- The AFM could come up with a new rehabilitation plan. There are possible options but no one can see into the future.
- It was decided that there would be a single meeting with the general membership on or around March 6, 2017.
- MusicNow was debriefed. The future format may include a split orchestra week. Baroque/Classical offerings may happen at Music Hall and contemporary music being performed at various venues around Cincinnati. This was a difficult week for the orchestra due to the complexity and volume of music.
- The search for Director of Personnel continues. There have been some phone interviews and a candidate will be interviewed on February 7.
- There has been no definitive word from Carmon DeLeone about how many freelance weeks the Ballet Orchestra will be able to perform. There were 2 in 2015 and 1 in 2016.
- Barb Lambert asked about the possible recording project of King Arthur that had been brought up some time ago. President Frankenfeld responded that it was off the table. A recording from an actual performance would have too much backslap and sound of dancing. Doing a recording using the limited pressing option had been a calendar item placed in the CSO musician calendar but it has been removed. President Frankenfeld would prefer the Ballet Orchestra be used to provide work.
- Don Hurd provided an update on the plans of Bravo Music and the annual dance.
- Membership Director, Lynne Scott, voiced concerns about dues statements not being delivered. She would like the $4 discount to extend through February. An email message will be sent to the membership using MailChimp to share the information.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25788-25814
Debit Card expenses for 2016 were presented and approved. M/S Hurd/Gaudio
Next meeting scheduled for February 6 at 3:45PM
Meeting adjourned at 5:20PM.