The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 13,2017 at 4:51PM.
Mike Andres was absent.
Guests: Jenny Franzen from Kelley Galloway Smith Goolsby, PSC.
The minutes of the January 23,2017 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld yielded the floor to Jenny Franzen to report on the draft of the CMA Benefits Club Form 990. She went through the draft page by page explaining how the questions were answered and how figures were derived. There were no questions from the Trustees. When the final form and report are prepared she will return to give another report.
- Cards for the general membership meeting are being printed and sent as soon as they are received. The meeting will be set up in a Q&A format. President Frankenfeld is trying to get answers generated by the letter sent to AFM members before the meeting
- There will be 10 substitute musicians traveling with the CSO on their Asian tour.
- President Frankenfeld provided an update on the health insurance coverage situation. Ultimately there is no simple or quick remedy. The ArtsWave MEWA could collapse if the CSO pulls out. The budgets of ArtsWave consortium members are dissimilar which adds a layer of complexity.
- There is a serious problem with mail delivery. Membership dues statements, membership cards, even checks have failed to reach the appropriate parties. Carol Dunevant and Lynne Scott will be employing Mail Chimp to notify members of the difficulty and request calls or emails be directed to Lynne.
- Prior to a vote on vouchers there were two questions. 1) voucher 25836 to Vivial. This name was unfamiliar to the Trustees. This is the new name for the company known as Berry, which is telephone book advertising. 2) Selective Insurance, voucher 25816, is the insurance company that provides coverage for the office. Following the clarification, a motion to accept the vouchers to be paid was made by Lou Lausche and the second given by Don Hurd. The motion passed.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B B25815 – 25836
Next meeting scheduled for February 27 at 3:45PM
Meeting adjourned at 4:57PM.