The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on June 9,2017 at 10:04AM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the May 22,2017 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- The price list is expiring soon
- Vice-President Barb Lambert and Secretary Carol Dunevant provided a summary of the COPE Dinner.
- President Frankenfeld summarized the recent Media Agreement discussions, which took place in Chicago. The eventual outcome will be the successor agreement to the IMA. This meeting was to develop proposals from the Labor side to present to Management. Two members of the Pension Committee were present and have suggested the current 12% in the Media Agreement be raised to 17%. The difference of 5% could be called “Non-Allocated Funds” and be used to bolster the Pension Fund. The first face-to-face meeting with Management will occur in early July 2017.
- Meredith Snow has approached President Frankenfeld regarding an ICSOM conference. President Frankenfeld has asked the Board to consider this opportunity.
- Former CSO Director of Personnel, Walt Zeschin, failed to submit the ‘B’ Forms to the Local. President Frankenfeld will work with new Director of Personnel, Paul Pietrowski, to get them submitted.
- Anna Reider will be in a trial week for the position of Associate Principal Violin.
- An offer has been made and accepted for the position of President with the CSO. An announcement will be made very soon.
- Don Hurd presented a motion to pay a bonus equal to 2 weeks pay to Office Manager Rhonda Gillum as compensation in preparing for the annual audit. There is no structure for overtime pay. Mike Andres provided the second. The motion was approved.
- The Board needs to consider purchasing a new desktop computer for Lynne Scott.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B25951-25968
Next meeting scheduled for June 19, 2017 at 10:00AM
Meeting adjourned at 11:01AM.