The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 22,2017 at 4:31PM.
All members were present. Guest: Patrick Dugan
The minutes of the May 8,2017 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. Guest Patrick Dugan opened the meeting. He introduced himself as a Sousa scholar, carrying on the work of Paul Bierley. He is interested in assembling an ensemble that could perform across the country in at least 24 different locations. Performances would be for veterans. After a lengthy exchange of information Joe Gaudio asked how Local 1 could be of assistance. After a short Q & A members of the Board said they would be happy to help with contracting but that Maj. Dugan (Ret.) would have to come up with funding.
II. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reported that news of the Pension Fund from Ray Hair indicates that the status of the fund is stated as “critical” but not “critical and declining”.
- The final concert at the Taft was Saturday. The season was very successful.
- The MPTF has assisted President Frankenfeld in obtaining some monies for the Chamber Orchestra.
- New Director of Personnel, Paul Petrowski, will be meeting with President Frankenfeld to go over the sick leave policy in the CBA.
- President Frankenfeld will be leaving June 4 for the first meeting of the media agreement negotiations.
- Field Representative Barbara Owens has decided to leave the AFM. She has been a real anchor for Locals in the Midwest. May 31 will be her last day.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25938 – 25950
Next meeting scheduled for June 9 at 10:00 AM
Meeting adjourned at 5:41PM.