The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 13,2017 at 4:01PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the February 27,2017 meeting were approved. M/S Scott/Lambert
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- The general membership meeting had been cancelled pending a report from Local #47 and the MAC meeting in Chicago. The report from Local #47 was that the majority of time was spent on the history of the pension fund.
- President Frankenfeld was able to speak with Marty Hodapp on Friday evening and Marty shared that there was not enough new information.
- An FAQ section on the AFM website has been taken down.
- President Frankenfeld reminded everyone that the letter was to make sure that no one was blindsided should something happen. The fund currently sits at 2.1 billion. Should the fund reach a point considered “critical and declining” there might be cuts.
- The pension fund has a fiscal year of April 1 to March 31 and we will need to wait and see what the audit declares. It may be June or July before any news can be shared.
- Taft museum concert still needs to be filled. President Frankenfeld is waiting to hear from Dan Grantham
- Trumpet and clarinet auditions were completed. A winner and an alternate were declared for the principal clarinet position and someone has been offered a trial week for the principal trumpet position.
The Board went into Executive Session at 4:47
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25849 – 25869
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, March 29 at 3:45PM
Meeting adjourned at 4:47PM.