Board Meeting Minutes January 12, 2015
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on January 12, 2015 at 3:35PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the December 29, 2014 meeting were approved.
NEW MEMBERS: None
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
NEW MEMBERS: None
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reported that there have been no phone calls to AllClear.
II. On-line Dues Payment
- President Frankenfeld and Secretary Dunevant reported their findings regarding the possible use of PayPal or Square Market to add the convenience of on-line dues payment for members. There are no setup fees associated with either service. However, PayPal charges 2.90% plus .30 per transaction. Square Market would only assess a 2.75% fee per transaction. It was agreed to move ahead with Square Market.
- Contract negotiations: It appears negotiations may be able to be completed earlier than anticipated. Management shared their plan with two members of the Player’s Committee. This coming Sunday Barb Jacoma will be arriving. Meetings are scheduled for Monday morning for a formal presentation from Management will be made to the Players. Meetings will continue on Monday afternoon and time has been scheduled for Tuesday morning, if needed. February 2 is tentatively scheduled to reconvene the meetings. Trey Devey has been able to raise $17 million toward the $20 million goal. This is a definite sign of good faith on the part of Management.
IV. Member loan
- The Board of Trustees gave permission to President Frankenfeld to make written contact with a member who took out a small loan with the Local. While a single payment has been made to clear the loan nothing else has been remitted.
- The second Chamber Players was sold out. A couple of players voiced concern about the set up being in the round but following the performance the players felt it was successful. Vice President Barb Lambert voiced a concern about the difficulty navigating the Chamber Player website.
- Searches are on for Assistant and Associate Conductors. The searches are using Dropbox for the search committee members to view videos. The committee deadline is this coming Friday. There are 140 videos to view.
- Dates have been set for the Associate Principal Flute position. May 4, 2015 will be the preliminaries and semi-finals and finals are scheduled for the following week.
II. Taft Museum
- There has been a cancellation and President Frankenfeld is working with John Kurokawa (clarinet) to get a group together.
III. Accent Music
- No more physical checks exist for Accent Music. Any bills needing to be paid will be done through the General Fund.
- The name will be registered with the State of Ohio so that we maintain rights to the business name. The Local will also maintain the phone number but the cell phone will be discontinued. Calls can be forwarded to Paul’s cell phone or just get put into the voice mail system at the office.
- Any incoming checks will need to be made payable to Cincinnati Musicians Association.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24911-24933
Next meeting scheduled for January 26th at 3:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:35PM.