Board Meeting Minutes/ July 29, 2013
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on July 29, 2013 at 9:20 AM.
Mike Andres was absent.
The minutes of the July 16, 2013 were approved.
Jeffrey Evan O’Flynn, clarinet 6/10/13
Dan Tobin Arute, trumpet 8/01/13
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Richard Robinson, April 22, 2013
Tom Henderson, July 25, 2013
Anna Marie Stephens
I. Convention Summary
- President Paul Frankenfeld gave a synopsis of the convention in Las Vegas. Barbara Lambert also summarized the Mid America Conference meeting and Carol Dunevant reported she would be typing up and sharing information from the Public Relations Committee.
- Based on the summaries Lou Lausche commented on the performing rights costs that performance venues must pay. Many venues get priced out of having live music because of the cost. President Frankenfeld noted that alongside Iran, North Korea and China, the US and Canada do not have a Performance Rights Act. This type of Act can be found elsewhere in the world. President Frankenfeld also noted that Tina Morrison on the IEB would be the person to contact regarding possible talks with BMI, ASCAP, etc.
- President Frankenfeld concluded the convention synopsis by describing the outpouring of support for the musicians of the Minnesota Orchestra. Don Hurd made a motion to send $500 to Local 30-73 to assist them during the lockout. Joe Gaudio made the second. The motion passed unanimously.
II. Herald Trumpets/Aida
- President Frankfenfeld reported that the opera production of Aida used our herald trumpets and he will have the office bill the opera appropriately.
- President Frankenfeld reported that the situation at the Carnegie is not settled. The season schedule has been posted and the KSO, led by JR Cassidy, are scheduled to perform with The Sound of Music. There was much discussion and the discussion will continue at the next meeting.
There was no new business.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
B24225 – 24242
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, August 5, 2013 at 1:00PM.
Meeting adjourned at 10:52AM.