Board Meeting Minutes/July 16, 2013
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on July 16, 2013 at 3:07 PM.
Mike Andres and Lou Lausche were absent.
The minutes of the June 26, 2013 were approved.
Alex Magg, saxophone 7/02/13
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Milt Blalack 7/2/13
Ron Purvis 7/16/13 in good standing
Mike Campbell 7/2/13 in good standing
- John Laine has been in the office completing the annual review. The financial report may be presented at the next meeting.
II. May Festival pianists
- Auditors and Office Manager Rhonda Gillum both oppose the rehearsal pianists for the May Festival turning in time cards to the office. There will be a meeting to determine the best way to proceed in the future to make sure the pianists get paid in a timely fashion.
III. 99th AFM Convention
- The Board discussed the proposed increase in per capita. Many Locals would have to pass along the increase to members. The consensus is to split the cost with members if that option is available.
IV. Il Divo
- The bill was sent from the Louisville Local so that work dues are paid.
I. AFL-CIO Labor Council
- Meetings are the first Wednesday of every month. Paul may be asking the general membership if anyone would be interested in serving as a delegate from our Local.
II. Pension Payments
- President Frankenfeld reported that the contract signed by Steve Monder in 2007 was no longer valid regarding pension payments for broadcasts through American Public Media (APM). A new agreement needs to be signed and pension payments have not been posted.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 224225-24242
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, July 29, 2013 at 9:00AM.
Meeting adjourned at 3:44PM.