The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on April 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM.
Mike Andres was absent.
The minutes of the April 8, 2013 meeting were approved.
NEW MEMBERS: None
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
NEW MEMBERS: None
- There will be two concerts in Washington Park the first week of August. Both concerts will be videotaped for use on the Internet. There has been some discussion whether or not the organization should join the Integrated Media Agreement. After conversation with the Pittsburgh Local President it was determined that since all parties are agreeable the current Audio/Visual Agreement will stand.
- The summer season will be “set in stone” by the end of May.
- Shirts for the Pops have been provided by Cintas.
II. National News
- San Francisco and the St. Paul Chamber Orchestras have both settled talks. San Francisco will receive a 4.5% increase but took hits on health insurance. St. Paul finally settled but with major hits to salaries and number of players. Minnesota shows no sign of progress at this time.
III. Musicians Ball
- The final numbers indicate an increase in ticket sales over last year. A date for 2014 should be finalized and plans begun in May.
IV. Associate Memberships
- At this point the idea of being able to allow associate memberships is on the back burner. Paul will continue to speak with the IEB.
V. Constitution Revision
- Lou Lausche made the following motion: Constitution Revisions shall be voted on by the General Membership in the form of a mail-in ballot. Joe Gaudio gave the second. Following discussion it was approved unanimously provided that in addition to the revisions being available on-line, hard copies would be provided when requested. In accordance to procedure there will be the notification, a general membership meeting and then the vote.
I. Ballet Doubling
- A written agreement is being created with regard to hire extra players or pay individuals for doubling.
- The Ballet, Opera, and May Festival subcontract the CSO and each one handles players individually.
II. CSO Auditions
- Louie Langré will only be present for 6 weeks in his inaugural season. This will allow for 3 auditions in March of 2014.
- Paul has renewed the ad for the Yellow Pages. It will be a single ad listed as Cincinnati Musicians Association and will be found under the Entertainment heading.
- Overtones will be coming out in the next couple of weeks.
- Josh Steele at the Carnegie Center for the Visual and Performing Arts has not returned any calls to Paul regarding the use of the KSO for a show.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24134 – 24150
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, May 13 at 3:15PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:28PM.