The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on April 8, 2013 at 12:19PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the March 18, 2013 were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
- Concerns were expressed by Thom Mariner of the CCO regarding a conversation with the Carnegie Center in Covington. Josh Steele of the Carnegie mentioned that he might be inclined to do more work with the Kentucky Symphony Orchestra (KSO) due to cost. Paul will speak with Josh Steele and JR Cassidy.
- Paul indicated that this was an ongoing concern and he would like the KSO to consider a fence agreement.
- Players had previously agreed to continue with a player deficit of 13. Due to retirements, etc. the deficit stands at 17. The CSO will be posting auditions for 4 positions to be held March of 2014.
III. Labor Council
- The Council will be asking for assistance with a statewide effort to bring attention to the ‘Right To Work’ legislation.
IV. Sherry Hoffman
- The rosters she has requested from Paul do not have to be rushed. At this time nothing can be done with the royalties until February of 2014.
I. COPE Dinner
- The dinner will be held on June 21, 2013.
II. Shredding truck
- We will be hiring the shredding truck for one more day in order to complete clean up of old files.
III. Quarterly meeting for general membership
- The Board selected June 10 at 7PM for the next meeting.
- Barb Lambert is working on an electronic version of Overtones.
V. Lap top
- The current laptop used by Lynne is about ready to expire. A new one will be purchased, along with the updated version of FileMaker Pro.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24108 – 24132
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, April 22 at 3PM
Meeting adjourned at 1:30PM.