The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on December 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of December 9, 2013 were approved with a minor revision. Item III. CCO should have read that Paul needs to meet with Jennifer Funk.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
William Knabe 12/4/13
Catherine Lange-Jensen 12/8/13
Janet George 12/23/13
Nathalie Senamaud 12/19/13
Shauna K. Thompson 12/17/13
Tristan Sutton 12/11/13
I. ICSOM Meeting
- President Frankenfeld reported that the orchestra managers have organized as a 501c6. Managers responsible for orchestras of varying budget sizes represented the organization. The Managers presented an offer regarding the IMA which was set up in 2009. Their proposal would have amounted to players not being compensated as established in the current agreement.
- The next meeting is scheduled for late January 2014.
- President Paul Frankenfeld has been working on a letter to members that perform regularly with the Kentucky Symphony Orchestra. The KSO provides important work opportunities for our members but there needs to be a conversation between the Local and the players.
- President Frankenfeld is working to schedule a meeting with Jennifer Funk and anyone else she feels should meet together regarding the CBA. President Frankenfeld would like to see the agreement extended for another year and seek retroactive pay for the players.
- The organization is facing several challenges. They must search for a new Music Director, they do not have a permanent home, and it may be time to develop a new long-range plan.
IV.Office Equipment Update
- Carol Dunevant presented a motion to purchase 2 external hard drives, a scanner, copier/printer, and a flash drive to be used in the office. Joe Gaudio provided the second. The motion was passed unanimously. One hard drive will be dedicated to archive material and the other will be used for backing up Rhonda’s computers. The flash drive will be for daily backups and the scanner will be used to begin digitizing archive material for preservation.
- President Frankenfeld reported that all vacation issues have been worked out.
I. Boar’s Head Festival
- There is a special agreement that the payroll for the event is run through Promo.
- They will be allowed to continue at the current rate but there will be a possible raise for next year.
- They have permission to do an archival recording.
II. Taft Concert Series
- All concerts are set and ready to go. The first concert is next weekend.
III. Musicians Ball
- There has been a date held. Paul needs to confirm but it will probably be April 18. There was a conflict with the time frame used in the past.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID
See attached B 24431-24448
The next two meetings are scheduled for Monday, January 13 at 3:30PM and Tuesday, January 28 at 4PM.
Meeting adjourned at 1:41PM.