The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on January 13, 2014 at 3:35 PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the December 30, 2013 were approved as submitted with a typo correction.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Phil DeGreg Piano 1/3/14
I. President’s Report
- President Paul Frankenfeld read a letter from Richard Porotsky certifying the results that members of the Board had been reelected by acclamation.
- Ballots have been returned for the constitution revisions. Richard Porotsky will be handling the ballot tabulation on Thursday, January 16, 2014.
- The AFM has a new Public Radio rate but it needs to have an addendum stating that the agreement is “as of” a certain date and not retroactive.
- President Frankenfeld reported that there was a low turnout at the Taft Chamber Concert due to the sever weather forecast. He may reschedule the group for a fall date.
- Players for the ‘Book of Mormon’ will be paid through direct deposit. Since there is a fee associated with this it will be billed back to the touring company.
- President Paul Frankenfeld will be meeting with Jennifer Funk and Mike Cioffi on January 16 at 2pm in Mike Cioffi’s office.
- Paul would like to ask either Rebecca Andres or Nat Chaiken to also attend the meeting.
- The Ballet would like to record a new ballet, King Arthur. This will be a world premiere. Robert McGrath will inform the ballet that it can be done at the full SRLA rate. For 60 musicians that would be about $75-80,000.
- The Ballet was reminded that they could do a fixed camera archive recording.
- The performance will be the second week in February.
- There is some discussion regarding the Ballet not paying for doubling. They prefer an additional player be hired in lieu of doubling.
- Since there was no winner of the trombone audition the orchestra will have a player begin on a weekly service contract.
- Management would like a fundraising event during the Pops tour to Florida. A day off in Sarasota is the desired day. Discussion is in process.
- To date 37 players have participated in 430 educational services that give a “service credit” in return.
- President Frankenfeld will be speaking with the Personnel Manager and the Assistant Personnel Manager. It has reached Paul that substitute players are being asked their opinion about other substitute players. This is not acceptable and needs to be dealt with quickly.
I. New Year’s Eve Ball
- There have been some complaints about the band that was used at the Ball. It was a non-union group. Communicating with the committee that plans the event is difficult. The age range of the audience basically dictates the style of music and the Local does not currently have any bands playing the genre that was desired for the last couple of years.
II. Musicians Ball
- The date of April 18 has been set for the Ball.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24449-24443
Next meeting scheduled for Tuesday, January 28 at 4:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:25PM.