The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on June 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM.
Mike Andres and Lou Lausche were absent.
The minutes of the June 3, 2013 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. Convention Delegate
- According to Lew Mancini nominations and voting should occur on the June 26th meeting to elect an alternate delegate should the elected delegate not be able to attend.
- The newsletter should be out some time next week.
III. Johnny Black Plaque
- Paul will make contact and offer $450.
IV. AFM Convention
- The President provided an example of an AFM issue that many locals had opposed prior to 2010 meetings. It was a proposed dues increase that would have affected all locals in the US and Canada, and, after much testimony during the committee meetings and private negotiations, the proposal was withdrawn before it reached the floor.
- The President discussed efforts from within the AFM to find new revenue sources for the Musician Performance Fund. Royalties from new broadcast platforms such as Sirius XM and other subscription sources may be used to replace lagging contributions from the recording companies.
I. Word Press Workshop
- Barb Lambert is presenting a Word Press workshop on July 16th. It would be free to members of our Local.
II. Il Divo
- A group of musicians from Local 1 performed both at the Horseshoe Casino and the Whitney Center in Louisville as a back-up orchestra for Il Divo. The President of Local 11, Terry Mahoney, called to find out about work dues for the group’s performance in his jurisdiction. Paul shall discuss the terms with Manami White, who contracted the group.
- With an agreement still pending for the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra, the members of the CCO negotiating committee are hoping to extend the proposed contract through the 2014-15 season in order to avoid more discussions next year,
There were no vouchers presented for approval.
Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, June 26 at 5:30PM. This will be followed by the quarterly general membership meeting at 7PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:17PM.