The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM.
Joe Gaudio and Mike Andres were absent due to personal matters.
The minutes of March 4, 2013 were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS:
NEW MEMBERS: NONE
- The conversation regarding sub lists continues. Paul will be presenting guidelines to the Board for examination.
- There is a concern about player contributions to Artswave. Although 100 percent of the players are making contributions some are only putting $1 towards the Artswave campaign. Paul is trying to find a way to increase donations from the players.
- Sherry Hoffman, the individual in charge of royalties for Sirius Radio, has contacted Paul. The Cincinnati Pops recordings have reached the level where there will be some royalties being paid. She has requested rosters dating back to 1984. The Pops have sold 10.4 million recordings since 1984.
II. Horseshoe Casino
- Paul was unable to meet with the management. Contracts being offered to local musicians are similar to what might be given to a construction worker due to insurance expectations. Paul will be contacting our insurance agent and obtaining a rider on our policy which would cover the musicians.
- There will be live music in the restaurants and the casino will be doing live shows.
- Lynne Scott and Lou Lausche pointed out that parking is very inconvenient for musicians for unloading and loading equipment.
- A National By-Law states that all members need to be in good standing at their place of residence. There appears to be a number of players that are being hired in other jurisdictions who belong to Local #1 and are not current in their dues. This will come up for further discussion.
- The Gala will be held April 5, 2013.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24086-24107
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, April 8 at noon.
Meeting adjourned at 6:33PM.