The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on March 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM.
Mike Andres was absent due to illness.
The minutes of the February 18, 2013 were approved as amended.
Eric Louie, Bassoon
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. Horseshoe Casino
- Paul reported that he would be attending the opening as a member of the AFL-CIO Labor Committee. It appears that large acts will be performing at the new casino and will be interested in finding out how many might be self contained acts and how many might be able to provide employment to area musicians.
- Paul will be attending at meeting on April 12, 2013 for ArtsWave to discuss the potential impact of the casino.
- There is still some issue with American Public Radio and the CSO for the broadcasts aired on the show SymphonyCast. Paul will keep the Board informed.
- Paul will be holding a meeting with the five string principals regarding the sub call order and has asked the Board to consider the issue for the next meeting.
IV. Meeting with Hal Ponder and Sherrod Brown
- The meeting did not take place as planned but may be in the future.
I.Piano Spider Dolly
- A small, used dolly was purchased for the piano so that it can be moved around the new office space more easily.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24074 – 24085
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, March 18 at 5:30PM. The Quarterly General Membership Meeting will follow it at 7:00PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:08PM.