The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on May 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM.
Lynne Scott and Mike Andres were absent.
The minutes of the April 22, 2013 were amended as follows: Section I under New Business should read that a written agreement already exists with the Ballet regarding extra players. This agreement will remain intact for 2 years.
Maurice Todd, bass
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Stephen Free, guitar
- There have been some issues with the CSO getting pension fund contributions to NY in a timely fashion. As a remedy checks will be sent to our office and then sent to NY.
- The IRS has approved the termination for the private pension fund that was frozen in 1994. Players involved have until June 30 to make a decision regarding payout. Everyone is being advised to seek the advice of a certified financial planner.
- Due to a retirement the viola section will have another 1-year appointment. An audition will be held in about a month.
- Stacey Woolley will be replacing Bob Sullivan on the Players Committee. Bob has taken a teaching position at Northwestern University for next year.
- There has been discussion of setting up an instrument loan program using the endowment. A committee will be formed.
- Casinos are beginning to create problems that interfere with the Riverbend schedule. The head of the Casino has been asked to serve on the Board. Also regarding casinos, the Local can provide liability insurance for members. Paul would like to meet with the Casino about using members of the Local.
II. Musicians Ball
- The final count is in and the Ball broke even.
- Paul has had a phone conversation with Josh Steele at the Carnegie and they will be planning a meeting. The concern from the Carnegie is that musicals can run longer than 2.5 hours per service. Paul explained that this can be worked out in a separate agreement.
- Booking agencies are really becoming a thing of the past. The Board has been requested to begin thinking about the future of Accent Music or how it can be reinvigorated.
- Overtones will be going to press soon. Barb and Paul are working on it together.
- The next Quarterly General Membership meeting will provide an opportunity to discuss the revisions to the Constitution.
- There needs to be some discussion about the Board of Bravo Music since Jack Wellbaum has passed away.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24152 – 24173
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, June 3 at 3:00PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:46PM.