The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 15,2014 at 3:35PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the September 3, 2014 were approved with a spelling correction. The minutes from the August 4 meeting were approved with the following correction. The word ‘Broadway’ was struck from the price list heading and the category changed to reflect the venue seating capacity.
Paige Kossuth – Violin 9/14/14
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reported that he had been asked to speak to the Symphony Board members regarding the recent ballot issue. The removal of Music Hall from the initiative will certainly cause a change in the philanthropic landscape. Trey Dewey has been able to raise between $9 and $10 million dollars to date. This encouraging news was offset with the death of Bill Friedlander who helped raise about $45 million dollars over the course of his involvement with the Symphony.
- The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra has been locked out for a week. That orchestra currently has 78 full time players and the management wants to reduce the number to 70. A world-class orchestra typically has between 90-95 full time players.
- The Nashville Symphony is working under an expired contract. They are playing while talks continue.
- The San Francisco Ballet has finalized an agreement.
- The Quarterly General Membership meeting is scheduled for September 22 and John Layne from Kelley, Galloway & Company will be present to present the results of the annual audit and answer any questions.
II. Price List Updates
- Examination of the price list resumed.
- Section I A (Single Engagements) for three (3) hours: currently is at $110 and proposed increase to $115 in 2014; $120 in 2015; $125 in 2016.
- Section I A (Single Engagement) for two (2) hours: currently at $100 and proposed increase to $105 in 2014; $110 in 2015; $115 in 2016.
- Section I B. It is proposed to remove this section and add the words ‘Dance Band’ to Section I A.
- Over time for Section I A would remain at $25 per half hour or fraction thereof.
- WGUC broadcast rights. This figure has not been increased in some time. It is currently at $16. Proposed increase would be to $20.
- Sacred Concerts. No changes proposed.
- Mike Andres asked that knowing the ballet may be using a small venue at the Arnoff, would any player contracted be at scale? President Frankenfeld responded ‘Yes’. Players will receive the same scale as members of the CSO. Ballet scale is already set for 2014-15. There will be a proposed increase when that expires.
- No change to meal allowance and per diem for run-outs. Scale is set at $60 for three meals.
- Chamber Music will remain unchanged at $135 but a proposed change to contractor fee is a raise from $175 to $200 to be the same as the Taft Chamber Concert Series.
- No change for band scale at this time.
A motion to accept the proposed changes to the price list was presented by Lou Lausche. Mike Andres provided the second. Motion carried.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24761-24770
Next meeting scheduled for September 22 at 5:30PM followed by the Quarterly General Membership meeting at 7:00PM
Meeting adjourned at 5:47PM.