Board Meeting Minutes/September 22, 2014
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 22,2014 at 5:40PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the September 15, 2014 were approved.
Nate Lutz – Bass
Sung Hee Shin – Violin
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Pedro Hernandez – percussion from Houston Local
Ed Slagle – died September 6, 2014
Barrett Newman, trumpet 9/15/14
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reported that he had a conversation with Manami White. It was to clarify the changes in the price list. IF an engagement was contracted prior to the updates the old scale is honored.
- President Frankenfeld has written a letter of recommendation to the Louise D. Nippert Musical Arts Fund on behalf of Musica Sacra. They are attempting to secure funding from sources other than the Musicians Performance Trust Fund.
II. Bravo Music
- President Frankenfeld yielded the floor to Don Hurd for a report from Bravo Music. Don reported that the Bravo Board had met. They updated the signature cards at the bank and have drafted a list of potential Board members.
III. Mid America Regional Conference
- Vice President Barb Lambert reported on the weekend conference attended by herself and Carol Dunevant.
- In an attempt to save money the IEP has decided to consolidate regional conferences.
- The new head of the MPTF was present and provided interesting information on their attempts to secure funds to strengthen their finances.
- TEMPO is continuing to seek donations to help them with their lobbying efforts in Washington DC. Barb has a TEMPO membership application for anyone interested in supporting the PAC.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24771-24780
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, October 13 at 3:30PM and October 27 at 3:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 6:44PM.