Board Meeting October 13, 2014
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on October 13, 2014 at 3:44PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the September 22,2014 were approved.
George Carpten Trumpet 10/10/14
Jennifer Miller Flute/Piccolo 10/10/14
Amy McCann Clarinet 10/10/14
Joe Madrigal Guitar/Voice 10/10/14
Caitlin Stokes Violin 10/10/14
Taylor Ann Fleshman Harp/Flute/Piano 10/10/14
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- Talks with the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra are being revived. LeeAnn Anklan has sent a new proposal for the contract. There is one aspect that does not meet with approval. It appears that the Board is balking at raising the transportation price to $10. Paul will break down the costs in relationship to their budget.
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra is still locked out. Performances for November have been cancelled.
- There will be auditions October 27 for Associate Principal second violin and second violin section player.
- Trey Devey has raised about $10 million towards the CSO endowment and is looking ahead to negotiations for the new contract with the CSO.
I. Concerns/Questions from the Board
- Joe Gaudio asked President Frankenfeld if he had any ideas about how the Local can connect with younger players and encourage them to join. There was quite a bit of discussion. It was suggested that members of the Board speak with younger musicians, both members and nonmembers, and seek input about what would help with pinpointing specific thoughts.
II. Bravo Music
- Don Hurd reported news from the latest Bravo Board meeting. They have looked at material provided from the MAC conference. They have asked Carol Dunevant to attend a meeting to discuss options for the Musicians Ball.
- Anne Cushing-Reid has joined the Board and Joe Gaudio suggested the name Hank Mautner for a possible Board member.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 24780 – 24815
Next meeting scheduled for October 31 at 12:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 4:37PM.