The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on August 15,2016 at 3:45PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the July 26,2016 meeting were tabled until the next meeting. M/S Hurd/Lambert
Blake-Anthony Johnson Cello 8/15/16
Kimberly Russ Keyboard 8/6/16
Diana Flores Cello 8/15/16
George Millsap Violin 8/4/16
Emilio Carlo Viola 8/4/16
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Aaron Shemas Good Standing on 12/31/15 per Paul Frankenfeld
Sung Hee Shin on 8/16/16
Joseph Somogyi in Good Standing on 12/31/15
Aaron Jacobs in Good Standing on 6/30/16
Michael Charbel in Good Standing on 6/1/16
I. President’s Report
- Pete Wagner’s group will perform at the Labor Day Picnic at Coney Island. Tickets will be available and an email will be sent to the membership with information.
- There was a membership issue with a player recently expelled from the Dayton Local. They were contracted to play with the Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra. The member caught up their arrears and is now in god standing with Dayton.
- After considerable discussion and input from legal counsel the CSO management will pay overtime for Lumenocity and musicians will waive any overtime for Pops concerts for this season only. This agreement preserves the process of being able to work things out.
- Taft Museum concert dates have been finalized. It is possible the CCO members could participate with some of the performances.
- Walt Zeschin has announced he is leaving the position of Orchestra Personnel Manager to take a position with the Utah Symphony. Although a lateral move it puts him closer to family. His last day will be October 23. There are no musicians on the search committee but should be involved in the final process.
- The ballot box will be going to the Chamber Orchestra for votes on the IMA ratification. President Frankenfeld was present at rehearsal to answer any questions.
I. Josh Groban Riverbend concert
- Carl Larson contracted for the performance and involved non-union players. Since Riverbend is a closed union house President Frankenfeld will be contacting Larson as well as alerting Locals that may be impacted by the Groban tour.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25585-25614
Next meeting scheduled for at September 12 at 3:30pm.
Meeting adjourned at 5pm