Board Meeting/December 12, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on December 12,2016 at 5:42PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the November 28,2016 meeting were approved with one minor correction. The minutes incorrectly stated that $300 was sent to Ft. Worth Symphony for support. It was $3000 that was sent. Motion to approve and second was given by Lambert/Gaudio
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- The office has decided to not renew the ‘Sage’ software program. John Layne and Jenny Franzen will come in and work with Rhonda to upgrade software.
- President Frankenfeld will be looking into MPTF monies for Musica Sacra.
- Boar’s Head Festival is approaching at Christ Church Cathedral. President Frankenfeld is hoping to increase pay for the day with two performances. He is anxious to get something in writing soon.
- The Trans Siberian Orchestra is coming to town soon. President Frankenfeld will find out if they are self-contained. He is trying to avoid another Carl Larsen type situation as with the Josh Groban tour.
- President Frankenfeld reported that it had been a good year at the Aronoff.
- President Frankenfeld received a phone call from a gentleman in Las Vegas who is asking for the names of contractors in the area. Apparently the man is developing software for contractors. President Frankenfeld sees the request as a sales ploy and did not give out any names.
- President Frankenfeld will be giving a summary of 2016 at the general membership meeting that immediately follows the Board meeting.
I. Salary increase
- President Frankenfeld asked the Trustees to consider giving Membership Director, Lynne Scott a pay increase. After some discussion it was agreed that Lynne should have one set day in the office and two days that could be flexible for a total of three seven-hour days per week in return for $100 a day. Lou Lausche presented a motion and Don Hurd gave the second. Motion carried. The raise will be effective January 1, 2017.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25739-25758
Next meeting scheduled for at December 30, 2016 at 10:00AM
Meeting adjourned at 6:32PM.