The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on November 28,2016 at 10:11AM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the November 7, 2016 meeting were tabled.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- Pittsburgh Symphony settled their strike on Wednesday. Concerts will resume on December 9. There was a 10% roll back in scale but a donor came forward, which makes it around 7% for the roll back. With increases over the next few years they hope to restore to the current salary level by the end of the contract.
- $3000 was sent to the Ft. Worth Symphony for assistance.
- Ahmad Mayes, Director of Education and Community Engagement of the CSO have contacted President Frankenfeld. The Sphinx organization is interested in having CSO musicians listen to auditions with the intent that winners could have an opportunity to perform with the CSO. Unlike the CCM/CSO Diversity Fellowship that has an educational component this appears to be more employment oriented. President Frankenfeld will reach out to presidents of other Locals to gather information and seek advice.
- Significant progress has been made in finding a replacement for Director of Personnel. An offer has been made.
- Cello auditions had 107 in the preliminary rounds. President Frankenfeld audited the semi-finals. Only one candidate was advanced to the finals and one was automatically advanced. Hiro Matsuo was offered the position.
- Seven CSO players have been granted tenure. They are Henrick Heide, flute; Rachel Charbel, violin; Michael Culligan, percussion; Stephanie Collins Matsuo, violin; Yang Liu, violin; Joe Rodriguez, trombone; Chris Olka, tuba.
I. Constitution review
- Vice President Barb Lambert has begun reviewing the constitution and has several suggestions to be discussed at the next meeting.
II. Office update
- We are still having difficulty getting Greg Felix into the office to assist Rhonda with updates. Joe Gaudio presented a motion to have resident Frankenfeld seek out a potential Business Solutions Consultant to help get connectivity happening with the office computers for Rhonda. Barb Lambert gave the second. The motion was approved unanimously.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25716-25738
Next meeting scheduled for December 12 at 5:30PM followed by the general quarterly membership meeting at 7:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 11:27AM.