The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on November 7,2016 at 3:42PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the October 18,2016 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- Taft Museum concerts for the winter are almost set.
- Pittsburgh and Ft. Worth are still out on strike. Ft. Worth will receive support funds. The Pacific Symphony in Orange County CA may be on strike soon.
- Follow up on the Josh Groban tour hiring non-union players may result in Steve Trudell, not Josh Groban, being placed on the unfair list.
- The CCO hosted a reception for their newly announced Music Director.
- There are three finalists for the Director of Personnel. There are two very strong candidates out of the three.
- Discussion continues around proposed health care changes. President Trey Devey has stated this is his number one priority before leaving the CSO for Interlochen. They should examine what other companies are doing and look at options other than what Horan has to offer. If the Multi Employer Welfare Agreement (MEWA) falls apart it would have a huge impact on smaller member organizations. A task force is being put together to look alternatives.
- There seems to be difficulty finding the CMA website. There have some link issues being repaired by Cybervise.
- President Frankenfeld asked the Board about setting up a 403B for Rhonda. A motion was made by Joe Gaudio directing President Frankenfeld to look into this. Mike Andres gave the second. Motion carried.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25687-25715
Next meeting scheduled for at November 28, 2016 at 10:00AM
Meeting adjourned at 4:40PM.
Carol Dunevant – Secretary