The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on October 18,2016 at 4:45PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the September 26,2016 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld reported that both Ft. Worth and Pittsburgh are on strike.
- Rhonda has a new hard drive but it is just a Band-Aid. It is not entirely compatible with the software program.
- Ballet monies have arrived. Transportation has been increased to $10. An agreement has been signed through 2019. Checks are going out as quickly as possible
- The Cincinnati Ballet has approached the CSO regarding an invitation involving a fundraiser. Indianapolis has asked to borrow an archive recording totaling 6 minutes of music. The event is a true fundraiser, the recording is not supplanting a live orchestra and it is not a new use request. Credit will be given to the use of the recording. Permission will most likely be granted.
- CSO management is hoping to add another city to the tour schedule. They are willing to pay a penalty since the addition would go against a specific item in the CBA.
- Walt Zeschin has delayed his departure from the CSO until November to make the transition smoother.
- Richard Breier of Breier Group Concepts is aggressively looking for alternatives for insurance changes.
I. Rhonda Gillum pay scale.
- President Frankenfeld reminded the Trustees that it was time to examine Rhonda’s pay and adjust. Don Hurd motioned that there be a 2.5% increase very year for four years. Joe Gaudio gave the second. The motion passed. Mike Andres motioned to raise it to the 2017 level immediately. Barbara Lambert provided the second. The motion carried.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25656-25686
Next meeting scheduled for Monday, November 7 at 3:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 5:25PM.
Carol Dunevant, Secretary