The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on September 26,2016 at 5:35PM.
Joe Gaudio was absent.
The minutes of the September 12,2016 meeting were approved with a minor correction.
Kenji Ulmer Horn 9/26/16
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Michelle Gwynne 9/24/16
I. President’s Report
- Carl Larsen might be placed on the unfair list for using non-union musicians with the Josh Groban tour.
- It would cost $6000 to hire Breier Group Concepts to assist with the health insurance changes being presented to CSO players. Management will be asked to split the consulting fee. Using Summit Benefits could save the organization monies. The situation is similar to the one faced in 2011.
- Last Monday the CSO held auditions for a one-year viola position. It was successful.
- CSO auditions scheduled are cello and horn. Trumpet and clarinet will be held in February and March of 2017.
- President Frankenfeld wants to make sure everyone gets paid this week.
- There has been conversation regarding the increase rehearsal scale from $70 to $72.50. This has not been written down. President Frankenfeld will continue to work to get the increase in writing.
- The CSO is out in March so the Ballet Orchestra may be used again.
- Mike Andres had difficulty contracting percussionists. Scott Lang proved helpful to locate suitable players.
- Mike Andres requested that President Frankenfeld seek to increase monies received by the principal players.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25642-25654
Receipts for ICSOM need to be submitted so that the Board can review them.
Next meeting scheduled for at Tuesday, October 18 at 4:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 6:42PM.
Carol Dunevant, Secretary