The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on December 29,2015 at 11:17AM.
Mike Andres and Joe Gaudio were absent.
The minutes of the December 14,2015 meeting were approved.
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld received a phone call from Rick Johnston who is currently residing in Washington CH. He is interested in doing a recording project with a limited pressing. It would most likely use 19 musicians. It would be Johnston’s arrangements of the American Songbook. It might use up to two vocalists.
- Greg Felix is supposed to come in again this week regarding the software updates.
- There will be a rehearsal in the Taft Theater in 2 hours as the CSO prepares to leave for New York and a Lincoln Center appearance. There will be a performance at the Taft on Monday, January 4 at 7PM.
- A member of the CSO will not be receiving tenure. It was a difficult decision made by Music Director Langreé. The player is concerned that they did not receive due process. This week there will be a meeting with President Frankenfeld, Player’s Committee Chair, Ted Nelson, and the musician. The player may wish to file an appeal. Since 1986 it has been required that the Music Director meet with tenure-track candidates. A written report must be provided to the player regarding their work within the organization. Typically the probation period is 18 months. This player chose to be placed on a fast track of 12 months. President Frankenfeld informed the Board that string players currently perform a tenure audition that does not occur in other sections. He would like to see this practice discontinued.
- A three-year proposal has been prepared for the CCO Board. The agreement would include incremental increases. The only outstanding question is how many services must a player perform in order to maintain status as a regular player. The new festival format may, or may not, pose a concern with this issue. There was some concern that there may be a push to pay subs less.
I. Insurance change
- Membership Director, Lynn Scott will be switching insurance providers which will be a cost saving to the Local. It begins this month. The new plan will be $70 a month as opposed to $500 every three months. It will be more economical and have more benefits.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25330-25342
Next meeting scheduled for January 11, 2016 at 4:30PM
Meeting adjourned at 12:24PM.