The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on January 11,2016 at 4:38PM.
All members were present.
The minutes of the December 29,2015 meeting were approved.
Thomas Zinninger – Sax -12/28/15
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
I. Officer installation
- The Trustees and Officers were took their oath of office to begin a new term. Vice President Barb Lambert swore in President Frankenfeld for his new term.
- Barbara Owens will be making a visit either at the end of January or in early February. She will be conducting the AFM audit as the AFM Field Representative.
- President Frankenfeld reported on the first CSO concert in the Taft Theater. Acoustics are still being tweaked. Parking options for players are still being investigated. It would not be impossible for players to park in the current garage and walk to the Taft. The distance would take approximately 25 minutes.
- Greg Felix has been in and the new Peachtree is up and running for Rhonda. There have been a couple of expected glitches but things are moving forward. To date, he has not charged the office any fees. It will be at an hourly rate but Mr. Felix indicated that he really hadn’t done any significant work yet.
V. Recording project
- President Frankenfeld updated the Board on Rick Johnston’s intent to record 14 pieces, some original and some arrangements, as a limited pressing. The project would involve 19 musicians. If the project can be done under the limited pressing a similar deal can be offered to Carmen DeLeone for a project involving ballet scores.
- Mike Andres presented a motion to set the limited pressing rate to $50. Barb Lambert gave the second. The motion passed.
- Lou Lausche presented a motion that the project is allowed 45 minutes of finished product for a 3-hour session. Barb Lambert gave the second. The motion passed.
- President Frankenfeld will inform the AFM Office to keep them in the loop.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25343 – 25355
Next meeting scheduled for January 25 at a time to be decided through email.
Meeting adjourned at 5:08PM. The Board moved into Executive Session at that time.