Board Meeting/February 11, 2016
The regular meeting of the Board of Directors’ of the Cincinnati Musicians’ Association was called to order on February 11,2016 at 3:50PM.
Joe Gaudio was absent.
The minutes of the January 25,2016 meeting were approved M/S by Hurd/Andres.
Robert A. Fisher – Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo, Keyboards, Ukulele – 2/9/16
GOOD STANDING FROM OTHER LOCALS
Clint Don Kelly – saxes, clarinet – 2/6/16
Daniel Perry – double bass – 2/10/16 (transferring to Winnipeg)
I. President’s Report
- President Frankenfeld presented the bank statement detailing all debit card purchases from November 2015 to the current statement. It was suggested by Vice President Barb Lambert that the President create a written record similar to the voucher statement to present to the Board to keep the process as transparent as possible.
- President Frankenfeld reported on the recent CSO retiree luncheon. It was held in the Critics Club. It was very well attended. Taste of Class catered the event. President Frankenfeld was questioned about a recent move by the CSO to change the retiree ticket policy. In the past all retirees were sent tickets. That will be changed in the future to a voucher system. Retirees can exchange a voucher for a ticket. The next luncheon will also be held in the Critics Club but the April luncheon may be held in the conference room at 644 Linn because of the renovation at Music Hall and availability of the Critics Club.
- Auditions for next season will probably be impacted by the temporary shift to the Taft Theater. President Frankenfeld will keep the Board informed as information becomes available.
- President Frankenfeld and Becky Andres meet with members of management and Mike Cioffi of the Chamber Orchestra regarding contract issues. The meeting was very productive. A continuing concern is being able to raise the transportation rate from $7 to $10. The hope is to agree on a 2-year agreement while the CCO completes a Music Director search.
- President Frankenfeld expressed concern at the meeting about the 2017 season. Members of the CSO who are also members of the CCO may have significant conflict with dates in August due to tentative CSO schedule conflicts.
- Based on the meeting it appears that the CCO is more focused than in the past and has a better sense of direction. The Board is committing two years of support as the new season format continues.
- President Frankenfeld discovered that the computer submission difficulties, referred to at the last Board meeting, were a result of needing a special password. All MPTF forms have been submitted electronically.
V. Mark Lammers Project
- President Frankenfeld has not heard back from Mr. Lammers. The performance has occurred and an invoice will be sent.
I. Barbara Owens
- Barbara Owens will make her official visit on February 25-26. She will be able to attend a Board meeting and a CSO concert.
- A grievance is being filed on behalf of a CSO player that was not awarded tenure.
The Board adjourned at 4:30 for an Executive session.
THE FOLLOWING VOUCHERS WERE ORDERED PAID:
See attached B 25370 – 25396
Next meeting scheduled for Thursday, February 25 at 3:30PM.
Meeting adjourned at 4:53PM.